powershift 2 1973 65hp johnson fuse question

balamb0776

Recruit
Okay so yesterday i was trying to fix the problem im having with my control box. Well the dead mans switch in it was messed up and i moved it and when i turned the key it shorted out and now it doesn't do anything when i turn the key after i removed the dead mans switch and connected the wires. I was wondering where the fuses are so i can check and see if it burnt out? Also if not do you think it could have messed up the ignition? I was thinking it is probably a fuse or the ignition battery's are fully charged and brand new only about 3 weeks old.

balamb0776

Recruit
Re: powershift 2 1973 65hp johnson fuse question

Take a look here,On the bottom of schematic #23 is the fuse its under the cowling just behind the plug
http://www.crowleymarine.com/johnson-evinrude/parts/42434.cfm

Ahh thank you much i finally found it and sure enough it was blown bought a new one and now it works like a charm. One quick question. Im having trouble with the throttle control lever. It doesn't want to move back into reverse it stops in neutral and won't budge. I can manually engage the reverse but thats it. The lever doesn't actually want to move into reverse. Do you think something in the control box is keeping it from moving?