remote mount for 6 hp Johnson

Perquimans

Recruit
I am rigging a 1968 6 hp Johnson onto a 1955 Alumacraft for my grandkids. (I'm hoping 6 hp will limit the trouble they can get into.) The boat is rigged with remote steering and controls that were set up for a previous 20 Johnson motor of similar vintage, i.e. it has the old shift and throttle lever system. The throttle is easily setup; however, the shift lever cable needs to be offset at the motor in order to shift smoothly. I have seen a motor of similar vintage with an offset that accomplished this objective very well, but have not been able to find one on the web or elsewhere. Any suggestioins?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: remote mount for 6 hp Johnson

380293 Remote Control Adapter kit is required.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0

wyoron

Recruit

Will this kit work on 1975 Johnson 6 HP? If not do you know the Part number of a kit that will work. If so where is a place I could buy one. Thanks for any info you have.

Perquimans

Recruit

I am rigging a 1968 6 hp Johnson onto a 1955 Alumacraft for my grandkids. (I'm hoping 6 hp will limit the trouble they can get into.) The boat is rigged with remote steering and controls that were set up for a previous 20 Johnson motor of similar vintage, i.e. it has the old shift and throttle lever system. The throttle is easily setup; however, the shift lever cable needs to be offset at the motor in order to shift smoothly. I have seen a motor of similar vintage with an offset that accomplished this objective very well, but have not been able to find one on the web or elsewhere. Any suggestioins?

Thanks for responding, but when I did not hear something right away I, as a woodworker, devised what I needed out of wood. It works great.