1995 88 hp Evinrude

Rickyracer

Recruit
I am wondering if there is a spark plug that is better than others. I seen to keep fouling out the Champion plugs the Marine store is selling me.

bignefan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1995 88 hp Evinrude

Here we go Ricky get ready for the NKG / Champion shoot out

Rickyracer

Recruit

Well I dont care much about a shootout, just would like some input on which is less likely to foul out. I know back when I ran stock cars everyone stayed away from Champion plugs, but I am not sure if that is the same for boats.

Rick

DargelJohn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I dont care much about a shootout, just would like some input on which is less likely to foul out. I know back when I ran stock cars everyone stayed away from Champion plugs, but I am not sure if that is the same for boats.

Rick

I use NGK BR7HS plugs in my '96 Johnson 88SPL. No fouling, and I am running "double oil" at the moment.

Gun Dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've been using Champion in my 1995 88 with good results. This link, http://www.championsparkplugs.com/glossary.asp?kw=Resistor&manID=2&pt=1, explains the "Q" prefix in relationship with the ignition in our engines. I'm an auto mechanic and after visiting several plug manufacturing plants can agree with you that champion auto plugs are not as well made as others. But the marine plugs seem to run OK for me.