120 hp johnson v4 power tilt trim hookup

the_duke

Recruit
hey guys this is my first boat on this forumn so please bear with me. I am working on a motor for my brother in law its a 120 hp johnson v4 J120TLCUR. He just aquired this and I have installed it and hooked up the forward controls. the promlem I am having now is hooking up the power tilt trim cylinder. there Is a switch for up and down on the throttle coming from it is three wires going to a male spade connection wires are blue/white green/white
RED spades look like this
__ __
__
Coming from the trim cylinder motor is a conectoer with male spades that are
blue
green and look like
__
l
also is a second spade connecter with two wires both are black and spades are l l

under the cowl I have found the trim relay box containing two relays but there are no spade connectores anywhere under the cowl. my question does any one know if it is missing a section of harness or how I can make what he has work. thanks everyone in advanced for anyhelp you may provide. Also the forward controls came with the motor when he bought it

nymack66

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 120 hp johnson v4 power tilt trim hookup

What year is this engine?

the_duke

Recruit
Re: 120 hp johnson v4 power tilt trim hookup

I believe it to be an 87 brother in law who is the owner says 87 or 88 thanks for the diagram my main thing is im wondering if a harness is missing as the factory ends coming from the switch and the tilt motor are both male spades and under the cowl there is only pin connecters. I have no problem making a harness as Im a heavey equiptment mechanic and have rewired many cranes but its not my motor and my bro in law wants to but the correct harness if there is one.. guess maybe he should work on.. ha