1998 Evinrude Ocean Pro 175 Manual

EHouseHead

Seaman
I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. If so let me know and I will move it. I need a manual for a 1998 Evinrude Ocean Pro 175 Manual (at least that is what the marina thinks it is). I am missing several digits (the important ones) from the ID # on the plate. All I have is BE 175 EXE ?? Which could be CD for 98, UC, for 97 or DB for 96. All I have is G03954 of the serial number (I think) if that helps any at all. All I know is I gave these numbers to the fool at the marina, he said he thinks it is a 98, and gave me an impeller/water pump which fit. I don't know what all is interchangeable between 96-98. I know the solenoid is the same for either year so maybe they are pretty much the same engine I just dont know! The boat is a late 95, but the previous owner for some reason thinks he remembers a newer engine being put on it but he don't remember. ANYWAY! I need a manual for the engine. Does anyone know where I can get a PDF or electronic copy to download? I kinda need it tomorrow. If not does anyone know where I can buy a physical book? The marina could only go back to 2004 they said....

THANKS!

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 1998 Evinrude Ocean Pro 175 Manual

You need the model number and you will have to order post 1996 service books from a dealership.
Seloc and clymer are not usefull books, don't waste your money.
PDF manuals on CD are seloc, no good.