E10ELENA 1992 Evinrude 9.9 repair

Capt. Rock

Recruit
Hi All,

I inherited this motor E10ELENA 1992 Evinrude 9.9 repair and want it tuned up for this season,Money is tight right now, I live in Philadelphia, PA and would like to take
the motor to a shop in Philly. Does anyone know a good reputable marine service in
my city? I called one shop and to do the impeller,carb kit, and thermostat ,plus parts he wanted $400. Is this a good deal or can I do better? It sat covered for 13 years but looks good very little corrossion.

Thanks for All your help folks and glad to be here.

Capt. Rock:)

Whoopbass

Chief Petty Officer
Re: E10ELENA 1992 Evinrude 9.9 repair

Why don't you run it first before you have all that done? Maybe it was stored properly.
$400 is high since that's about all its worth. You could easily do all that yourself for about $50 in parts and a couple hours of your time.
If you take it to a mechanic then shop around until you get an estimate in the $250 area.

Capt. Rock

Recruit

I know it was not stored right. I am very car engine inclined but this was like the first time I opened a PC now i'm an A+ certified tech. But I need step by step instructions to do the work. Can anyone help with this? I will do the work myself but need to make sure I will do it right. I need to download (Free if possible) the Service manual and I think parts list? If I get my hand held, somene may actually help me get on the water. This is my first motor and boat. I must fish soon or I will die.

AlTn

Commander

google..sschapterpsa...look for leeroy's ramblings ..9.9 - 15 hp...it'll get you started as far as free goes with a service manual..the site..shop.evinrude.com..will have your schematics and dealer prices..if you'll use the search feature on this forum, you can read until your eyes cross, threads concerning 9.9 engines...also try you tube