Evinrude 75 sport model ???

OLLTINMAN

Cadet
Hi all
Just found this great site , WOW BOATERS HEAVEN !!, I have been re-building older aluminum boats now since 1978, over 30 of them , and I never new this welth of information was out there , for every one to use , MAN I FEEL DUMB,
I will find were you guys post photos of your re-built boats and post some of mine soon.

Any way I have a question for all you EVINRUDE EXPERTS OUT THERE, I just bought a 1980 BLUE FIN 16' boat with the original motor . Here is were my question is , the motor is a 1980 EVINRUDE "SPORT" 75 with tilt and trim , in mint shape and running like a new motor, model # E75ERLCSA , serial # J0001182 . I have had all sorts of EVINRUDE motors over the years but never one that said SPORT on it ?? . 1 guy I know said it was the same as the 75 JOHNSON STINGER , both are high preformance motors.
I have never heard of such a thing in outboard motors , any one got an answer for me ?
Thanks OLLTINMAN

80ev1.jpg

80ev2.jpg

80ev3.jpg

OLLTINMAN

Cadet
Re: Evinrude 75 sport model ???

Still no answers ?? did I stump you guys with my fiirst question, ha ha

Captain_Kip

Recruit

Stumped me, but now I am curious about a motor I just picked up.
Model E75RLCIM, Appears it might be an 81 vintage of what you have.
Thanks for the picture of yours because I need to see how to repaint mine:
New_Motor_1.jpg

shawn.54

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i am looking at a boat with this motor. Any big bugs in them?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The 1980 three cylinder looper engine was made in two versions, 70hp and the 75hp "Sport". Essentially the same motors with different paint jobs, but to quote from the Evinrude factory brochure: The 70 is particularly strong in accelleration and ski-range power, while the 75 is tuned to develop maximum top-end power.

The 75 could also be purchased in a short shaft version (for race boats)

Re: Evinrude 75 sport model ??? (Reply)

Re: Evinrude 75 sport model ??? (Reply)

Hi all
Just found this great site , WOW BOATERS HEAVEN !!, I have been re-building older aluminum boats now since 1978, over 30 of them , and I never new this welth of information was out there , for every one to use , MAN I FEEL DUMB,
I will find were you guys post photos of your re-built boats and post some of mine soon.

Any way I have a question for all you EVINRUDE EXPERTS OUT THERE, I just bought a 1980 BLUE FIN 16' boat with the original motor . Here is were my question is , the motor is a 1980 EVINRUDE "SPORT" 75 with tilt and trim , in mint shape and running like a new motor, model # E75ERLCSA , serial # J0001182 . I have had all sorts of EVINRUDE motors over the years but never one that said SPORT on it ?? . 1 guy I know said it was the same as the 75 JOHNSON STINGER , both are high preformance motors.
I have never heard of such a thing in outboard motors , any one got an answer for me ?
Thanks OLLTINMAN

80ev1.jpg

80ev2.jpg

80ev3.jpg

Sport meant it had power trim. Evinrude's equivalent to the Johnson Stinger was the Hustler.

Sport meant it had Power Trim. That's all.
The race model for Evinrude was called Hustler and Stinger was Johnson's name for it.