1998 Evinrude 90hp NEED HELP

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer
I just brought 1998 90hp V4 motor. I only had it on my boat a week when some decided they liked the motor more then I, so they decided to steel it. To make a long story short, the police got the motor back, but it was in pieces. I don't have the model number because the tags were removed. I thought I could get the model number from Evinrude with the SN# but I was wrong. I'm trying to piece the motor back together, my questions are, would anyone have pictures of this motor or where I maybe able to find pictures of this motor so I can see where everything goes. Also if anyone knows how I can get the model number through the SN# that would be great.

Thanks mav

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1998 Evinrude 90hp NEED HELP

Get on the crowleymarine.com web site and start matching up the pictures. Most of the motors from a particular year are pretty much the same, and go together the same. You will probably see a choice of a J model, a GL model and maybe a S model.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Look at the core plug on the block ... it should have the sn and model stamped on it.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

I just brought 1998 90hp V4 motor. I only had it on my boat a week when some decided they liked the motor more then I, so they decided to steel it. To make a long story short, the police got the motor back, but it was in pieces. I don't have the model number because the tags were removed. I thought I could get the model number from Evinrude with the SN# but I was wrong. I'm trying to piece the motor back together, my questions are, would anyone have pictures of this motor or where I maybe able to find pictures of this motor so I can see where everything goes. Also if anyone knows how I can get the model number through the SN# that would be great.

Thanks mav

was there a name on the cover??

like Ocean Pro???

what color was the cover??

take a picture of what you got..

bob

mav6759

Chief Petty Officer

Ok, I still don't know thw model number of this motor. You would think that Evinrude would be able to tell you something with the SN#. I looked over the motor, I did find the SN# and that was all that was on the core plug. Any ideas on how I would find the model number.

Thanks,
MAv

jeremy5780

Petty Officer 2nd Class

go to shop evinrude.com, click on parts, click on 1998, click on 90hp. There will be 9 possible modle numbers you will have to look through each of them and match up pictures and part numbers until you can identify your motor

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

I suggested you take a picture of your motor and post it here...the we probably would be able to tell your model number right away!! easy peasy

I have a 1997 90 hp evinrude v4!!!!!!!!!!!

bob