1990 Evinrude Ocean Pro 115hp- small fuse on aft side of motor?

kailua

Recruit
I have a 1990 115hp Ocean pro. Recently i blew a fuse, its a short fuse on the aft side of the motor- i think it comes from the power pack or the starter. What size fuze is it?> i took it out and misplaced it before i could see what kind of fuse it was. Also what would cause that to blow? the motor was running fine, i turned it off,and immediately tried to turn it back on and it wouldnt start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Evinrude Ocean Pro 115hp- small fuse on aft side of motor?

Looks like all 1990 115's are crossflows. If it's a cylindrical fuse with clear glass, It's a 20 amp fuse. Bombardier part number 510884. See your dealer. Some of the Ocean Pro series may have been a later model, perhaps the 60 degree looper type, from the 1995 vintage. Some of them use this same fuse, other later models (1997) use a more current blade-type fuse. Also a 20 amp, part number: 514021

Last edited:

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

They didn't have Ocean Pro models in 1990. Those came out in '93

The fuse is probably the short 20 amp glass version - # AGA 20 - available at dealers or auto supply stores. It protects the keyswitch circuits. Were you digging around the dash or doing anything behind the console?

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

I dont think the ocean pros came out in 115 until 1995....the V6s came out in the early 90's

I have a 1995 V4 ocean runner and a 1997 v4 ocean pro

the 1995 unit has the inline glass fuse

the 1997 unit has the automotive style dual blade fuse in a more intricate enclosure

good luck

bob

nymack66

Petty Officer 1st Class

Its a 20 amp fuse as stated earlier, You need to replace it (fixing the symptom of a problem) you then MUST find the problem and fix it. In other words a short caused the fuse to be blown in the first place.
In rear cases it very well could be just a old bad fuse. Be sure to keep a spare at all times.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

I have a 1990 115hp Ocean pro. Recently i blew a fuse, its a short fuse on the aft side of the motor- i think it comes from the power pack or the starter. What size fuze is it?> i took it out and misplaced it before i could see what kind of fuse it was. Also what would cause that to blow? the motor was running fine, i turned it off,and immediately tried to turn it back on and it wouldnt start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

what is the MODEL number of the motor?????

it is on the stern bracket or pivot

bob

kailua

Recruit

Thanks so much for all the help. Yah it is a small cylinder type of fuse (very short though-<1/2 inch long). I'll check the model number and update- i was told initially that it is a 1995 (its a V4) but then someguy looked at the model number and said it was probably a 1990. I had been messing around under the counsole previously. I was having problems with trim and tilt switch on the throttle- when i would go out in heavier seas and starte taking spray, i would start to get shocked if i touched the trim and tilt button on the throttle. Also my warning alarm would start going off if i took a heavy spray. Im guessing something under the center counsole is shorting?
Thanks so much for all your guy's help.

Aloha

kailua

Recruit

Model number is E115SLE0C

Where is a good place to buy a replacement engine alarm/ beeper thingy?- and if it starts having a constant beep when the ride gets wet, is it because water is probably getting under the center counsel? or onto the beeper? It never made any beep in the pattern of any of the warnings listed in the manual.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

you have a 1995 Evinrude Ocean Pro 115..I have the same motor in Johnson trim!!

I have a manual so if you need a picture of a page let me know....

the alarm should be easy to replace...Heck Id love to rip mine out and give it to you!! ha ha ha.. mne goes off exactly 2 minutes after i turn the key on and lasts for 10 seconds...no matter what..every single time!!!

bob

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

are you sure you are not over heating, in the rough seas?? because the lower unit might be coming out of the water often and you are not getting the water you need pumped through the motor???

bob