Recirc check valves

dragonfly 200

Seaman Apprentice
89 200 evinrude, I removed 5 of the 6 check valves (the ones that screw into the intake) and cleaned with carb cleaner. I hooked a short hose on each one and could blow and suck both ways with my mouth on the hose. I stuck carb cleaner tube in the end of the hose and tried to spray back through the hose side of the check valve and it sealed and would not allow the cleaner to pass through. they appear to stop liquid flow, but not air as noted above.

Whats the deal?? Are they bad or good? I have not got number 6 out yet, its behind the VRO Pump.

I'm checking everything as I put it back together after the fire that I had by the lower two carbs. It was having idle problems before the ruptured fuel line and fire, I want to make sure everything is checked out OK. Don't want to leave anything to chance.

Dragonfly 200

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Recirc check valves

You might as well replace them if you go to the trouble of removal, but they tested ok.

nymack66

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Recirc check valves

Its how is suppose to work, one way ...Check your manual ..They are huge part of your engine in regards to lubrication and good idle ...