175 hp evinrude water routing.. please help

LANCETHOMAS

Cadet
I have a 1979 evinrude 175 that i just bought and they have added a pee hole but it is teed off and just lying inside the case. I took pics of it. Does anybody no where it is suposed to go. The pee hole in the housing works well.. Also the audible sound stays on when started.. I dont believe it can get that hot only running on muffs for about 15 seconds... Please help.

lances phone pics 001.jpg
lances phone pics 002.jpg

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 175 hp evinrude water routing.. please help

That T is used to feed a water pressure gauge. Just plug it if you don't have the pressure gauge. Naturally it'd be better to simply get the gauge. The horn issue could be anything from a bad horn to a bad sender or a short etc. If it has an oil injection pump and you're not using it (premixing) make sure the wires to the pump are unplugged.

LANCETHOMAS

Cadet

Does the horn supposed to come on with the key.. Mine stays on the entire time but sombody told me it was supposed to come on with the key and turn off when engine started... By looking at the wiring digram I dont believe it is but I dont no for sure...

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

We'll assume it still has the 2 fuel pumps and has not been converted to an oil injection pump, right?

If you have a 3 wire horn it will beep one time (self test) when the key is turned on. The horn could be bad if it stays on or you could have a sensor bad or a shorted wire.