1979 100 hp evinrude tilt and trim

johnsport

Recruit
I have a three wire tilt and trim wire 3 wires coming from motor to selnoid in battery box and then to switch at helm need wiring diagram can not figure out. i need diagram showing how to hook up selnoid and switch my wires have been changed and also how do you check automatic choke operation push key and have no operation thanks

Last edited:

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1979 100 hp evinrude tilt and trim

Both my 79s have a wiring diagram glued to the inside of that solenoid box.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The black wire goes to grd, the blue wire goes to the solenoid which should be in a junction box (going up the t/t mtr draws more current). The green wire used to come from the t/t switch itself. Blue sky=up,green=grass down. The blue wire coming from the t/t switch activates the solenoid. The blue wire coming from the t/t mtr goes to the solenoid. The solenoid should also have a 12 volt battery wire atached to it. Sorry I don't have a wiring diagram on it.

johnsport

Recruit

my selnoid is in my battery box and I have no diagram

johnsport

Recruit

I am sort of dense when it comes to wiring does the ground wire go to negative post of battery and what post on selnoid ha spositive wire from battery connected to it and which wires go to large posts on selnoid and which go to small posts thanks in advance for all the help

johnsport

Recruit
Re: 1979 100 hp evinrude choke

Re: 1979 100 hp evinrude choke

need wiring diagram to show how auto choke is wired

Last edited: