1963 evinrude speedifour ignition

tice

Cadet
i need to know as much as possible about how to replace the points coil magneto or anything else on the engine in case i need to and i need to know thet best place to get parts for it ive never owned a boat before but i got the boat witch is a alpex sea aira the trialer and motor for a 100bucks but the motor doesnt run

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1963 evinrude speedifour ignition

i need to know as much as possible about how to replace the points coil magneto or anything else on the engine in case i need to and i need to know thet best place to get parts for it ive never owned a boat before but i got the boat witch is a alpex sea aira the trialer and motor for a 100bucks but the motor doesnt run

So, "in case you need to", huh? Wouldn't that require us writing a service manual?

Short version: The points and condenser are under the mag belt pulley. The coil is inside the mag, remove the distributor cap. LOOK AT THE BELT TIMING before you remove the belt, or you will be back asking how to time it. The coil costs more than you paid for the whole rig. But that's why you got it so cheap.

Points and condenser, carb kit, fuel pump kit, and water pump impeller are available here at iboats

Other stuff, try http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php

SERVICE MANUAL--here at iboats and/or www.outboardbooks.com By your own admission, you need one.

tice

Cadet
Re: 1963 evinrude speedifour ignition

ok thanks ill post my progress with it