2004 Evinrude Ficht Won't Start-Primer Ball Prob.

oncemisguided

Recruit
I have a 2004 200HP Bombardier Ficht. Over the past couple months, it has been virtually impossible to start first time for the day, but starts right up on subsequent starts (I use marine stabil). In changing the inline water/fuel separator, I thought I would also change the primer bulb. I disconnected the bulb on the gas tank side first. No problem. However, when I detached the old primer bulb from the engine side, pressurized fuel shot everywhere! Now, the fuel line from the engine to the primer ball is "blocked". I can reverse the primer ball (where the arrow is facing away from the engine) and I can pump several times until the ball is flat. When I disconnect the ball, you can hear air being sucked back into the fuel line going to the engine big time. Like there is something blocking the line. What can be preventing fuel from the primer bulb not to advance to the engine?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2004 Evinrude Ficht Won't Start-Primer Ball Prob.

It is possible you could have a bad fuel lift pump or something going on in the water seperator filter on the mtr. The best way to find out is, start taking fuel lines off from your primer bulb to the mtr, pump the bulb and see where fuel squirts out easily. When it doesn't you'll know where the prob is.