Pulse Hose on 86 Evinrude 50 hp,What to do with it?

catlew

Recruit
When i replace the VRO with a regular fuel pump what happens with the pulse hose?Fuel pump everyone on recomends only has 2 places for fuel no place for the pulse hose

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Pulse Hose on 86 Evinrude 50 hp,What to do with it?

you need the pulse to operate,you either need a intake that has the mounting bolts with the pulse port in between ,whereby the pump would be held to the pulse port via the mounting bolts,or you need a pump with 3 connection ports,to enable you to use the pulse hose you speak about,my guess is ,you have the wrong replacement pump if it doesnt accept the pulse hose.After thinking about it a bit,R U sure you have an 86 50 hp?because I thought VRO was later on that engine.they had a special tank that mixed fue/oil as well.So,perhaps your eng.is a later yr.look on the intake for 2 tappeed screw holes with a plug in between,that is where your replacement would fit,you need a gasket too.That said,its also possible your engine has a newer intake that doesnt have the tapped holes,hopefully you will find them,otherwise you need the other pump with the pulse port for the hose to connect to

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you plug the hose and side mount this pump http://www.iboats.com/Fuel-Pump/dm/*******.018270172--**********.338886970--view_id.174141

you will find to pre drilled hole, and a 1/4 inch plug on port side of motor. remove plug and mount.

200450hpJohnsonforsale005.jpg

catlew

Recruit

Thanks everyone for the help!!!