evinrude 50/35 jet

mtlurz

Cadet
Hi all, need some help. I have a 95 evinrude 50/35 jet model# e50jeod that the powerhead blew apart on...you can see right through the block! What am i looking for as far as a replacement powerhead goes, a 50hp or 35hp and what years are compatible? Also what will my jetdrive unit fit if i decide to swap it to another outboard? Any information getting me going in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

skagitcom

Cadet
Re: evinrude 50/35 jet

I just did a search for the same thing and saw your post.
I just blew my powerhead today.
Mine may be repairable as it will turn one direction part way then back the other and there are no noticible holes.
I pulled the spark plugs and can see aluminum on the bottom plug.
The 50 with a jet just isn't enough power for my 16' wood river sled. I have to run it wide open most of the time.

I think most of the guys on here are salt/fresh water power boaters and don't have much to do with river jets.

Maybe someone will reply now.

Did you ever find out what will interchange?

Tom

mtlurz

Cadet
Re: evinrude 50/35 jet

Been a while since your posting but i'll give you what i have so far. I found a used Johnson powerhead on ebay and got it for an unbeleivable 200 bucks and turned out to be very serviceable with great compression and spark. Just going off of the pictures posted, it looked exactly the same and questions to the seller we're invaluable. Got it buttoned back together and with some minor tuning it runs like a champ and am very happy after a lake test last week. Going out on the river this weekend for a "real" test. Maybe if you reply to my post, we can get the ball rolling on jet or river boats on this forum as I too have a dificult time finding much on the river runners. My motor pushes my 16' Lowe flat bottom up stream @ 20mph which is plenty for what I use it for as far as general fishing and hunting along the Missouri river in central and eastern Montana. Let me know if your get yours going or if you need any info on what I've found. I'm very mechanically inclined but somewhat new to the boat world. I also have leftover parts from my old motor as the powerhead i purchased came complete with carbs, starter, electronics.....so i'd be willing to part with some of it.

Kevin

My e-mail address is: gunsmith@nemontel.net