Evinrude identification help

FishinJoe

Seaman Apprentice
I just picked up a 4hp Rude from a garage sale for $20 and have was wondering if someone could help me find out the year.
Model#E4RCCS
Serial#B 1625274
Also does anyone know where I could download a manual for free? I have no idea how the cover comes off and don't want to break it. This motor is in near showroom condition and I would be surprised if it has more than a hour or 2 if any.

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude identification help

1988 evinrude 4hp rope start. If you want a manual you are going to have to buy one I do not know of any for use on the internet. I bought mine on Ebay.

Doug N.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

go to tradebit.com. The manuals are $9.95 and you can download them instantly. Make sure your year and model are covered. I had to get a refund because the first one didn't cover what I needed. The second order covered what I needed and lots more.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

fishin, you stole that motor for $20 and you are balking at paying for a manual?

Doug N.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I heard that when FishinJoe takes a dollar out of his pocket George Washington blinks his eyes because he hasn't seen light in such a long time.

FishinJoe

Seaman Apprentice

I am not worried about paying for a manual I was just wondering if they were available online. The woman I got this from also has about 4 or 5 more antique motors that I am about to get from her.

Joe

Doug N.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You can get parts lists and exploded views on line, but I didn't find manuals. Like I said, tradebit.com was quick, easy and cheap. Just kidding about the George Washington thing above.