no oil alarm on 2001 Johnson 90hp ocean pro

deester

Cadet
I bought this boat and motor a few weeks back and have taken it out a few times to check it out. After running for a couple of hours (only on this one occasion) all of a sudden I got a no oil light and alarm. I immediately turned the motor off. After about 30 seconds I restarted it and no alarm and it ran fine for another hour or so. On one other occasion after maybe 20 minutes the alarm went off again and I immediately shut down the motor and restarted it and no more alarm for a couple of hours running. These have been the only 2 times this has happened out of maybe 5 or 6 times out. The tank is full of oil and the bulb is tight. Any suggestions?? Maybe bad sensor? Thanks

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: no oil alarm on 2001 Johnson 90hp ocean pro

maybe a bad VRO pump, if I was you I would have that checked out immediately, if you have to run the boat you may consider premixing at 50:1 and disconnecting and plugging the oil line going to pump till you can get it fixed, make sure you plug line going to pump air tight, also disconnect wire harness going to fuel pump.