6 hp evinrude carb question

EastTNHunter

Cadet
My 1968 Evinrude is needing some carb work, but as with most motors of this era, many parts have been replaced. On th iboats store there is a separate listing for the 1968 model carb kit than the rest of the 1954-1979(?) motors for some reason. Anybody know the difference in this one year model and how I can tell if my carb is this one, or one that came off of another year model?

Thanks and God Bless,
Ryan

EastTNHunter

Cadet
Re: 6 hp evinrude carb question

Ok, let me ask some more specific questions then... My motor runs well at times: cranks right up, runs and idles well, and will get me to where I need to go. But twice (the most recently this weekend), I have gone out to use it and I can get no fuel to the carb. I pull the carb nut, pump the primer bulb, and nothing comes out. I will then pull the hose between the fuel pump and carb, pump the primer bulb and get gas to flow. Hook it back up and no gas will enter the bowl. So I know that it is something in the bottom of the carb or the float. Last time I took it apart, everything looked good, cleaned and put it back together, and it ran fine. Does it need a rebuild (doubt it, as this was supposed to have just been done last year), or just a new float?

Thanks and God Bless, Ryan