1966 Evinrude Sportfour 60hp.Steering and a few other things.

Rollinunknown

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok guys so far this place is the best dang place ever !!!

Ok .. im going to convert from the old pulley and cable system to a teleflex system .

Can anyone grab a link to the adapter to connect from the new cable to the Old outboard ? its like a bracket or something i hear but i just can find it.

2d problem is i drained my Lower unit to day it was SOLID WHITE like whip cream... Im going to fix it but geez how do you guys pressurize your lower units ? is there a fitting for the fill/drain hole or something i cant find anything on this.

Rollinunknown

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1966 Evinrude Sportfour 60hp.Steering and a few other things.

Geez no one has ever went from Old school pulley's cables to the teleflex ...:confused:

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Geez no one has ever went from Old school pulley's cables to the teleflex ...:confused:
i just put a old evinrude on my newer system and i made my own bracket at the motor out of al.personally if you have the coin id go with tand r marines setup here a iboats its around 180 or so check it out under steering controls.bolts to the motor bolts and the new cable passes through it and you use a steering link.you still would need something at the motor like i fabed.

Rollinunknown

Petty Officer 2nd Class

HOLY high price batman !!! hahaha..

I mean 150.00 for a bracket and a steel rod... who knows i might have to get it but geez... im gonna have enough in this boat to buy a new catfishin rig lol!!! ..

but i guess rollin down the river in a Classic is gonna be nice.