1952 Johnson 10 hp QD-13 - Owner's Manual and Parts Catalog Question

zackn

Recruit
Hi, new to the forum. I recently got a 1952 Johnson QD-13 10 hp outboard for $35 at an auction. I'd like to try to get it up and running. I bought the service manual on CD-rom for $5, and now I'd like to get the Owner's Manual and Parts Catalog for this motor.

My question is regarding the Ken Cook manuals... it says these are reprinted unbound reproductions. Does anyone know if it's just a stack of xeroxed sheets? If I'm going to spend $30-40 per manual, I'd rather wait for an original copy on ebay if it's just a stapled packet of photocopies.

Thanks!

wilde1j

Vice Admiral
Re: 1952 Johnson 10 hp QD-13 - Owner's Manual and Parts Catalog Question

The ones I've gotten from them are excellent quality, printed on both sides, not just xeroxes. You just need to put them together somehow (presentation folder, binder, etc.). Plus, if you're looking for a real old motor book (say mid '30's like I was), there aren't many alternatives. They only print J/E/Elto stuff and there isn't an equivalent for other makes that I'm aware of, so count yourself lucky, since Ken Cook can produce manuals all the way to the very first Johnson and Evinrude motors.

zackn

Recruit
Re: 1952 Johnson 10 hp QD-13 - Owner's Manual and Parts Catalog Question

That's good to know, thanks Jim!