94 evinrude vindicator 200 idle problems

andrewd

Recruit
my motor will start up just fine and idles high at first like normal, but when the idle drops to normal operating rpms it just falls on its face and dies.It will immediatley fire right back up and do the same thing over and over. when i start it i can slam the gas down and get up on plane and it runs like a champ. It just will not idle. Just had the carbs redone, powerpak has been replaced and the vro pump is pumping gas like its supposed to. i need help.

Breynolds

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 94 evinrude vindicator 200 idle problems

I am no expert by any means but I have been going through the exact same symptoms on a 91 225 Johnson. I did a link and sync. 1 side of my carbs were just a little bit off. Have that done or follow the procedure in your manual. It is pretty easy to do. I havn't had it in the water yet but at least it stays running on the hose. Hope this helps.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 94 evinrude vindicator 200 idle problems

my motor will start up just fine and idles high at first like normal, but when the idle drops to normal operating rpms it just falls on its face and dies.It will immediatley fire right back up and do the same thing over and over. when i start it i can slam the gas down and get up on plane and it runs like a champ. It just will not idle. Just had the carbs redone, powerpak has been replaced and the vro pump is pumping gas like its supposed to. i need help.

Its normal when they are cold to keep choking .
Keep bumping the key/choke as needed until it warms up.
Don't floor it and force the issue.

If it will not idle when warm theres a problem that needs fixing.