Evinrude 25 hp Sportster Identity

GeorgeM

Cadet
Hi all new to this forum so bear with me please.
Purchased a small cabin cruiser as a project boat with the following outboard>>
Evinrude Sportster 25hp
Serial I.D. no 25103SG (93462)?? I think this is the full info on the plate
Is there an I.D.# anywhere else on the frame?
I require confirmation of year of manufacture I think its 1971.
Is the service manual still available for said O.b.
Any other tip & advice on this motor would be appreciated.
This motor has been laid up for 2 years but I removed the plugs & she turns over freely no rough spots.
PS I live in Southern Ireland so information is not readily available over here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hope the pics help!!
Many Thanks
George M

restornator

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Evinrude 25 hp Sportster Identity

the ID is 25103S and it is an 1971 make. You can find used manuals on ebay for around $15 USD for your model, and i am guessing the shipping would be around $13

change the impeller and always run it in a barrel if you aren't out on the lake

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Someday I'm going to visit Ireland, home of my ancestors. In the meantime, I wonder why people in Great Britian keep complaing there is no parts, service or information there about OMC motors that are sold world-wide. I mean, they are built (now) by Bombardier Recreational Products, a Canadian company. And outboard motors are everywhere in Canada. Don't you people have good trade relations with Canada? After all, they are under Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Perhaps I need to take a course in Political Science before embarking on my trip to Ireland. Help me to understand.

GeorgeM

Cadet

Hi Restornator
Got a manual from the U.K. fleebay, but it was a very poor copy, very old & faded so that got binned:mad:
As you say I may be able to get a copy in the USA but I would be worried that it was not a good copy any place U know to get a new-ish copy?
Your comment about the impeller replacement, yes I would get that replaced once the spares list is identified, Im dreading the strip-down in case the motor is a dud !!
Cheers
George M