fuel hose diameter and type for vintage Evinrude

tinkertinker

Seaman
I'm looking to replace all fuel hoses under the cowling of my 1957 BigTwin 35hp.

What are the inside and outside dimensions of the fuel hoses supposed to be? (I can't find part 303171 new, to compare)

Also, the Top Secret files say this should be rated A1 or A2. I've had trouble finding out more about hose ratings.

Thanks everyone! The BigTwin had it's first extended run on the lake last weekend. We were all stoked!

-Jeff

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: fuel hose diameter and type for vintage Evinrude

i just used part of the double line, and split it..

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Go to Advance Auto Parts and buy a box (4 ft) of 3/16" inside diameter fuel hose. Who ever worried about ratings back in '57? All modern fuel hose is good for Ethanol, in case that is what concerns you. Or at least it should be.

tinkertinker

Seaman

awesome. Thanks for the measurements... stuck at work again.

Tashasdaddy, I thought that double fuel line hose looked awful close, but the hose that goes from the sediment filter to the carb is almost white in color on my old beast.

Oh, and several of the hoses are held on with zip ties. : | I mean, I could see it in an emergency, but an outboard motor that is running 53 years after it was made deserves a little better jewelry.