waterchoke

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
finally got the 63 75hp starflite on the boat and all hooked up .my question is after the motor is running for a while the choke on auto will only be open a fraction not all the way.mind you this is in a barrel.so if im on the water and give her the gas will it fully open under vacume?this motor has the waterchoke with a lever you can set on open,auto or choke.cant wait to try her out .will have to replace the garbage nkg plugs with the correct champions .she has new points ,condencers,and i just finished putting in a new impeller even though when i took it apart today the impeller was fine even after sitting for 14 years!i should say propeller instead of impeller ,man that thing is big!much bigger than my 90hp evinrudes.the electshift works fine also.the tilt is a major bonus as id hate to have to lift the bugger manually.im going to have to make a dash for all the gauges and idiot lights as they are too short to go through the thick wood dash i have in the woodie .also the motor is suprisingly quite for a oldie.next days off its off to the marnia with a buddy and a full 10 gallons of 24:1 fuel to test and check out the rpms with the props i will have though i suspect the 10x12 will be the one as the boat only weights 500 lbs naked.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: waterchoke

Those water-heated auto chokes tend to not do so well after that many years. Just go manual. Start it with the choke on, then let it warm up, and manually open the choke fully. No big deal.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: waterchoke

Those water-heated auto chokes tend to not do so well after that many years. Just go manual. Start it with the choke on, then let it warm up, and manually open the choke fully. No big deal.
can do, not a big deal to me either.CA that motors not old, its just getting broken in ,lol.now my 1939 erude 22.5 hp may ,i say may, be old.