2005 Evinrude E150FPXSO

capefish

Recruit
I was wondering if anyone had any information about this outboard. I am looking at re-powering and older boat and a local dealer has one of these in stock but I have had a hard time finding any information on it. Is this the post ficht predecessor to the e-tec or is a different model all together? Any help would be appreciated.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant
Re: 2005 Evinrude E150FPXSO

That is the last generation of the FICHT motors. They just say "Direct Injection" on the side and it probably says FFI (Ficht Fuel Injection) on the air intake.

Yes, it is the predecessor to the e-tec. By most accounts they are good motors. Most people will say the FICHT motors built after 2001 are usually good. Have the dealer give you a report from the diagnostic software and a compression test.

If the price is right and everything is up to snuff, I would say it could be a great motor for repowering an older boat.

capefish

Recruit

Thanks for the info. The motor is actually a new leftover, just waiting for them to get back to me with a price.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

A 2005 that is a new left over? Wow. I bet they are anxious to sell it.

Has it ever been run?

Still in the crate?

If it has sat for 5 years, it will be important to go through it and make sure that all the rubber and plastic components are still in good condition. There are also some safety recalls that you need to confirm were or will be performed.

Will there be any sort of warranty on this motor?

It could be a very good motor for your use.

capefish

Recruit

Well apparently they aren't that anxious to sell it. They quoted me a price of $9847 + tax for the engine plus another $1500-$2000 to rig it depending on what of my old rigging they could re use. It would have come with a 3 yr warranty.

The Dealer 15 miles up the road offered me a 2010 e-tech with the 5 year warranty for $9895 + tax for the engine plus $1867 for all new rigging and installation.

So for the same price I can either have a five year leftover ficht with a three year warranty or a 2010 e-tec with a five year warranty. Wonder who will be getting my money? I guess they think those fichts are going to become collectors items.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

E-Tec is a way better motor ... I have two '07 175's and they have been flawless and powerful, with very good fuel economy.

capefish

Recruit

Thanks, The e-tech is being installed next week. I just couldn't believe that the original shop would give me a price on and old ficht that was the same as for a new e-tech. Now I know why they still have several of the 2005 leftovers still in stock.