2010 Evinrude 25 hp E-Tec Problems

tr00267

Recruit
I was just wondering if anybody has heard of any problems with the 2010 Evinrude 25's immediately after purchase? I had some mechanical issues with the fly wheel and electric starting system right away and I wanted to see if this was a common problem for this model or just a one time occurence in the motor that I purchased.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral
Re: 2010 Evinrude 25 hp E-Tec Problems

BRP has had excellent experience with E-Tecs generally. I don't know of any generic problems with the 25, but you can rest assured that BRP will make it right.

What specific problems did you experience, as the flywheel has no moving parts?

I have two 175's that have been flawless so far. BTW, make sure you only use an authorized BRP dealer for all in warranty repairs.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

I assume it's under warranty?

CATransplant

Admiral

I was just wondering if anybody has heard of any problems with the 2010 Evinrude 25's immediately after purchase? I had some mechanical issues with the fly wheel and electric starting system right away and I wanted to see if this was a common problem for this model or just a one time occurence in the motor that I purchased.

I'm sure that outboard is still under warranty. Take it back to the dealer and let him sort it out for you.

If you can't do that, you'll have to be way more specific about describing the problems you're having.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Minimum m warranty for all E-Tecs is three years, so it's clearly still under warranty. The user should NOT mess with any warranty issue, and after the warranty is up, if you don't have the skills and sw, should not mess with any ignition or running issue.

tr00267

Recruit

Yes the motor is still under warranty, since we just purchased it, and we took it back to the dealer right after the problem arose. They looked at it and replaced what was necessary as BRP told them to. I took it back out on the water and the issue came back, seizing the motor right away. Hopefully this time BRP will just replace the motor.

CATransplant

Admiral

Yes the motor is still under warranty, since we just purchased it, and we took it back to the dealer right after the problem arose. They looked at it and replaced what was necessary as BRP told them to. I took it back out on the water and the issue came back, seizing the motor right away. Hopefully this time BRP will just replace the motor.

So, what was the issue? Words are cheap here. Use as many as you like.

clanton

Rear Admiral

You should have copy of service order. What parts were replaced?