Evinrude 115hp jet motor - I need a replacment

luvthewater

Recruit
I have a 15ft '95 Whaler Rage with a 115hp Evinrude I/B jet motor that has overheated and now has low compression in one cylinder. The boat is in great condition - I would like to just drop in another motor - any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Evinrude 115hp jet motor - I need a replacment

you may need to get better confirmation thru a dealer,but I believe a standard outboard powerhead will replace it.BUT,you need to derermine what engine you actually have,around 95 ,was a transitional year,you had crossflow engines and looper engine.Both 4 cylinder.Do you know the differance,?if you have 4 seperate plastic carbs its a looper vs 2 alum.on xflow.You can go to the Bombardier website (BRP)and look up your year ,then compare.Boston whaler may have the info for you.Your engine can more than likely be rebuilt by an outboard rebuilder.Its not different from an outboard.IBOATS also has rebuilders,look under engines for rebuilt prices

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

It's a standard 115 crossflow engine with some adaptation in other parts for inboard use.

If you are going to use your existing parts on a short block, any 1979 or more recent 115 crossflow block with a bubbleback exhaust that is ported for 115 or 140 will work.

Try to get your hands on a TurboJet factory service manual.

The adapter plate requires a special gasket, otherwise a standard gasket set will have everything that you need.

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/specifications.html

http://www.outboardbooks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.main

luvthewater

Recruit

Thanks very much for the information - I'll let you know what I find

lakesideoregon

Recruit

I just had an issue with my motor and will be parting out a 1994 seaswirl squirt with an omc turbojet 115. if you need a jet assembly, gearbox or any other parts off of one please contact me kylespencerstevens@yahoo.com.

irolmn

Recruit

removed by author