1962 Starflite 75hp wiring diagram needed

1964sportcraft

Recruit
As title says, need a diagram for a 1962 75hp starflite electric shift, the one in my manual has become illegible, and hate to buy another manual for 1 page. Wiring has been hacked, and even though i'm a mechanic and could probably just follow all the wires to figure it out, its just a ton easier with a diagram. Engine is a generator/distributor model if that matters, thanks in advance for any responses

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1962 Starflite 75hp wiring diagram needed

It is a pretty easy wiring diaghram. if you have a magneto ignition model, you could look at a wiring diaghram from a 60's big twin, as they are nearly the same. The big twin motors have a killer wire that grounds both sets of points. Your V4 needs only to ground the distributor wire to kill the motor.

You motor has +12VDC, ground, starter solenoid, choke solenoid, ign killer and perhaps a overheat alarm wire to the dashboard. The original wiring also likely had the generator charge wire run to the dash so it would feed an ammeter.

I used a DPDT switch and two pushbuttons on the dash to run the ignition, choke and start functions.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

That is the Unicharger model with electric shift and the big jammed-full junction box. Hardly simple.

1964, you have a PM.

kitchenr

Cadet

i just got the motor and have no idea where any of the wires coming out of the box go. i have a green, red, brown, white and a few others. any idea where they go?
Ryan