Need Help Finding Inline Fuse 15 hp Johnson

jlshoup

Cadet
Hello,
I am new to the forum 1st post but I am a frequent reader. I recently acquired a used 1998 15 hp Johnson Outboard Mod Number J15eecr. I cleaned the carb and she fires up nicely and purrs like a kitten with the pull start. When I tried the electric start absolutely nothing, I have looked up and down for the inline fuse holder and could not find one. I traced the wires all the way to the solenoid and starter and saw no inline fuse. This motor was obviously used and wasn't running when I got it so I don't know if I have parts missing or I am just overlooking it but it is driving me insane. I ran a jumper wire from the battery to the starter and it turns over fine. I would greatly appreciate any help. Pictures would be great! Thanks in advance!
Jonathan From MS

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need Help Finding Inline Fuse 15 hp Johnson

on the solenoid, incoming terminal, should be battery cable and a smaller wire, usually red also. the fuse should be on that smaller wire. do you have 12 volts to the incoming side of the solenoid. if so, jump from incoming terminal, to small terminal, next to it. see if you have 12 volts on the outgoing side of the solenoid.

jlshoup

Cadet
Re: Need Help Finding Inline Fuse 15 hp Johnson

Thanks for all the help will try as soon as I can and let ya'll know.