90 Johnson 60 carbs

tracker60

Recruit
Have a 1990 Johnson 60, model TJ60 on a Tracker. Bought a Seloc manual but it says my carbs are type III and are plastic. My carbs are definitely not plastic and don't seem to fit the configuration of the carbs shown in Seloc. I have 3 individual carbs with metal bodies top to botom. Single barrel.
All I really need to know is whether or not the carbs I do have are adjustable for fuel flow on the high end. Starts well, runs well except fuel use at near top RPM is high. And if I can't find it in Seloc, where do I find technical information (rebuild and adjust) for the carbs I do have???
Thanks

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 90 Johnson 60 carbs

The carbs with plastic parts were late 1992. Your engine has the correct carbs. Main jet fixed. Can change jet size. The manual you have if it is the correct one for the engine.

tracker60

Recruit

Thanks a bunch. If it is using too much fuel, it is most likely not the carbs. We'll continue to check it out. Appreciate the information.
Tracker60

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it will burn 6 gallons an hour at wot. we highly recommend the OEM Johnson service manual, not seloc or clymer. they have miss prints, partial directions, just enough to get you into trouble.