40el75c johnson

brian3127

Chief Petty Officer
Im trying to get a impeller (water pump rebuild kit). I called one place they told me they have to order it and it will cost about $75. Another place i called told me that my motor is a 1967 motor and they dont make the parts to rebuild it anymore. I always thought that the model number was 40( was the horse power) el ( i dont know) 75 (is the year) c ( i dont know). So who do i beleive. When i was taking the lower unit off i noticed that the housing didnt match the picuters in the book i have on the motor. i have bought parts for this motor and told them it was a 1975 and ever part worked. So what do i do take the chance on ordering the parts and hope thay are the right ones.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 40el75c johnson

Topol_86
you are using a great boating site. free of charge. why are you sending someone to a competitors site to buy parts. when the are readily available on the site, that pays for the forum. does the other site provide you with free knowledge.

suggest you take this into consideration, next time.

Topol_86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My apologies, I missed the part about the complete rebuild kit. I only looked at the price of the impeller itself, and thought the price looked steep. In the future i'll be sure and reccommend anything iboats carries.

brian3127

Chief Petty Officer

thanks guys thats what i figured. the place where the guy told me that it was a 1967. i will never go there for parts.

on another note i would love to buy my parts from this site but for some reason when i go to iboas store to look my internet wont connect to it. it says page can not be displayed or something like that. and lately it takes forever to get on the forums. but all other websites i goto i dont have this problem. it loads quick. so im thinking either there is something wrong with iboats or my internet.

tashasdaddy

try using mozilla foxfire as your browzer. it works much better with these servers.

brian3127

Chief Petty Officer

Ok i downloaded firefox. the forun pages load like they should but when i try to go to the iboats store the page wont load. it says connection timed out.

tashasdaddy

try clicking on the johnson parts at the top of this page. i also have notified the admin.

brian3127

Chief Petty Officer

still not working this is what i get

The connection has timed out

The server at www.iboats.com is taking too long to respond

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.