2003 115hp Ficht Diagnostic Software

Japanick

Recruit
I'm looking for help in locating the correct diagnostic software for a 2003 115hp Ficht. Can anyone help a DIY'er out with this. I recently purchased this motor and want to know all I can about its condition. Also I have read that this motor can be adjusted per the type of oil being used (XD-50 or XD-100 ect.) and that it is very important that the motor knows what type of oil is ran through the motor. Unfortunatly the previous owner does not know what type of oil is currently being used, so I also wanted to make sure that I'm using the correct type oil the the motor is expecting or re-adjust the motor settings to the correct type oil. Any information would be awesome thanks.

Japanick

Recruit
Re: 2003 115hp Ficht Diagnostic Software

I did read most of the older posts on this subject but could'nt find the info I'm looking for that was somewhat up to date. I also read back in some older posts that said the software that was available was for 2002 and older model Fichts. I just want to know if I can purchase any diagnostic software that is for my 2003 115hp Ficht motor. Thanks.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

IF you GOOGLE "FICHT (or E-TEC) software cable" you will find dealers selling it and the cable.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

I'm looking for help in locating the correct diagnostic software for a 2003 115hp Ficht. Can anyone help a DIY'er out with this. I recently purchased this motor and want to know all I can about its condition. Also I have read that this motor can be adjusted per the type of oil being used (XD-50 or XD-100 ect.) and that it is very important that the motor knows what type of oil is ran through the motor. Unfortunatly the previous owner does not know what type of oil is currently being used, so I also wanted to make sure that I'm using the correct type oil the the motor is expecting or re-adjust the motor settings to the correct type oil. Any information would be awesome thanks.

I don't think there is any oil selection to be made for Ficht's ... only E-Tecs. Either XD50 or XD100 should be OK.

Sent you a PM.