1975 Evinrude Tilt and Trim Motor

davidhagan

Recruit
I have a 1975 Evinrude 70hp outboard. The model # is 70573E and the serial # is J0007146. This motor has a power tilt and trim on it. The motor has quit working on the tilt and trim. I have searched all over the internet looking for a replacement and have figured out that I don't even know what I am looking for. The motor does not have any #'s on it. There is a label on the motor that says "POWER TRIM-POWER TILT" EVINRUDE with a Red Arrow pointing Up over the word POWER TRIM and a Red Arrow pointing down under the word POWER TRIM. The motor has 3 wires coming out of the top of it. The resevoir has this number stamped on the side 503232. (This # has not helped me any with my searches) I can't find any other #'s or just don't know where to look. The tilt and trim worked fine until the motor quit running. So, here is what I am looking for. A way to find out what part I need and/or a replacement. Thank you.

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1975 Evinrude Tilt and Trim Motor

I've got the same unit I think. Does it have the two cylinders on the outside of the motor one on each side? If so they are hard to come by keep A check on ebay for one like you need but they usually go somewhere in the $400 dollar range. I took mine completely off and just raise and lower it by hand, only problem with that is you can't get up in some of the coves that I would like to get in without alot of back ache involed not to big of a deal any other time I just lower it right before the prop hit's the water and then raise it when the prop comes out of the water alot easier when your standing on the ground to raise and lower than it is while your out on the water

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Your motor used a PT&T that came with one of two motors, Calco or Prestolite.

If you go to the BRP/Evinrude "Parts" site and select "OB Accessories" from the first drop down list, then select 1975, then "Electrical", you will find the parts catalog for your PT&T.

Depending on which motor you have, we can then determine what options you have.

The shape of the reservoirs will tell you which pump you need.

If it's a Prestolite you may find one here: http://www.iboats.com/mall/partfind...gd_poid=187583&gd_row=71&**********=576537790

Attachments

• 1975 PT&T.jpg
    1975 PT&T.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10

davidhagan

Recruit

If you go to the BRP/Evinrude "Parts" site and select "OB Accessories" from the first drop down list, then select 1975, then "Electrical", you will find the parts catalog for your PT&T.

If it's a Prestolite you may find one here: http://www.iboats.com/mall/partfind...gd_poid=187583&gd_row=71&**********=576537790

That is IT! I have looked all over for that. Thank you! Now, my next problem. The Calco motor is the one, according to the BRP website, that motor is no longer available along with most of the major parts. Is there a replacement part somewhere and how would I find it? Thanks so much for your help.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

There is a company that specializes in rebuilding the Calco pumps with a new motor. http://www.apimarine.com

You have to send them your pump, which they rebuild.

tinner45

Cadet

I have the same tilt & trim, mine is a calco, the pump part fits on both motors. iboats will rebuild the motor $200+ & the pump $200+. I am looking for a diagram for the pump itself to get the ball bearings in the proper spot. prestolite doesn't make the pump. Can you tell me the mfg. of the pump?
These pumps were put on the Tilt & trim of a 1975 135 horsepower Evinrude motor. You can get the repair parts from them, from the parts list (iboats.com)