Evinrude 100hp - Age & Model Number help???

pitprice

Cadet
I have recently brought an older plywood boat with a 100hp Evinrude to do up. She runs but requires a bit of TLC to get her ship shape and running smoothly as we have hit a few teething problems so far.

I cannot for the life of me find out the model number of the engine so i can't work out the age to get a manuel. I have got a list of all the older engine numbers but nothing matches any of the numbers anywhere on the engine or bracket.

Can anybody help me?

I'd also like to attch a rev counter and running hours gauge but i'm not sure where to wire these to the engine or if its possible as this is the first boat i've owned and i'm starting form scratch. Hopefully a manual will help me out with this if i can one.

Cheers

Attachments

• v6.jpg
    v6.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 0

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Evinrude 100hp - Age & Model Number help???

At the newest, it would be a 1972 as it has the hydro- electric shift. You can see the blue, and green shift wires' in the right side photo.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

1971 100193

What's the number(s) on the welch plug? See the thumbnail, please.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I have recently brought an older plywood boat with a 100hp Evinrude to do up. She runs but requires a bit of TLC to get her ship shape and running smoothly as we have hit a few teething problems so far.

I cannot for the life of me find out the model number of the engine so i can't work out the age to get a manuel. I have got a list of all the older engine numbers but nothing matches any of the numbers anywhere on the engine or bracket.

Can anybody help me?

I'd also like to attch a rev counter and running hours gauge but i'm not sure where to wire these to the engine or if its possible as this is the first boat i've owned and i'm starting form scratch. Hopefully a manual will help me out with this if i can one.

Cheers

Do you have the remote control? The gray signal wire for a tachometer is inside it. An hour meter simply connects to the ignition switch and ground. The 12 volt feed for the tachometer also connects to the same ignition switch screw.

If you don't have the remote control, you don't have the whole motor. You need it to operate the throttle and shift.

pitprice

Cadet

1971 100193

What's the number(s) on the welch plug? See the thumbnail, please.

The number is: C0055593

I have not been able to match it to any model or seriel numbers that i have managed to look up???????

pitprice

Cadet

Do you have the remote control? The gray signal wire for a tachometer is inside it. An hour meter simply connects to the ignition switch and ground. The 12 volt feed for the tachometer also connects to the same ignition switch screw.

If you don't have the remote control, you don't have the whole motor. You need it to operate the throttle and shift.

I have the remote control and have found the grey wire but when i had a look at the rpm gauge that i found in the storage space, on closer inspection its a mile per hour gauge!!. I guess this is going to be a bit more compicated to fit than an rpm gauge do i need to calibrate it or something?

Thanks for all your help so far i'm learning quite a bit already

pitprice

Cadet

The number is: C0055593

I have not been able to match it to any model or seriel numbers that i have managed to look up???????

Thanks so much gonna look into getting myself a manuel now :D

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I have the remote control and have found the grey wire but when i had a look at the rpm gauge that i found in the storage space, on closer inspection its a mile per hour gauge!!. I guess this is going to be a bit more compicated to fit than an rpm gauge do i need to calibrate it or something?

Thanks for all your help so far i'm learning quite a bit already

A speedometer is a lot easier to hook up. All it takes is a "pitot tube", a tube on the transom that sticks down in the water pointing forward. The faster the boat goes, the more water pressure on the pitot, and the higher the speedometer reads. In case you don't know, an airplane reads air speed the same way, only it is air pressure on the pitot. I hope the ones on airplanes work better than the ones on boats.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

You can look up factory parts for your engine from the OEM catalog at this website: epc.brp.com

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

I have recently brought an older plywood boat with a 100hp Evinrude to do up.

I cannot for the life of me find out the model number of the engine so i can't work out the age to get a manuel.

From your pictures, the motor is a 1971. For '72 they used the Prestolite point-free ignition if I remember right.