'91 Johnson 155 Tilt Failure

weirbt

Recruit
Over the last two seasons tilt has slowly failed when using the button on throttle or OB. 1st very slow raising then need assistance by pulling up on motor while somone else held button. Tried bleeding air in reservoir numerous times. It is now to the point it wont budge at all unless lifted by hand by releasing the bypass. Could I need to replace the drive motor or is there something else I should look at first? :confused:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: '91 Johnson 155 Tilt Failure

lift motor all the way and lock it in place, fill reservoir. cap back on. lower motor, repeat, again, and again until reservoir does not take any more fluid. then cycle up and down several times.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

It also needs a lot of power, so be sure that the connections are good, clean and tight, and that you are using a fully charged battery.

Be sure that the manual release is torqued to spec.

weirbt

Recruit

Thanks for the feed back. Both of these suggestions I have tried with no luck. Is there an electrical test I can try to determine if enough voltage or if lift motor is pulling to many amps?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

get your volt dva meter out, you must have a fully charged battery, and clean cable connections. pos and neg.