Cowling paint spec for 1979 Evinrude

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: Cowling paint spec for 1979 Evinrude

Yes, go to shop.evinrude.com, look up your model and go to the paint section, part numbers are listed.

Sherman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The silver color is very close to Dupli Color T178 I used a royal blue Dupli Color for the top of the cowling I kept the can but alas I lost the cap that has the number. I must of used another white. I used the Dupli Color clear coat two coats over the entire engine.
This was about three years ago and it still looks great. By the way I could not find decals so if you do let me know.
Thanks
Sherm

mark1961

Ensign

The silver color is very close to Dupli Color T178 I used a royal blue Dupli Color for the top of the cowling I kept the can but alas I lost the cap that has the number. I must of used another white. I used the Dupli Color clear coat two coats over the entire engine.
This was about three years ago and it still looks great. By the way I could not find decals so if you do let me know.
Thanks
Sherm

Look on the base of the can, the number should be there also. :)

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

78-82 dark blu 771242
color code 78BE4
eng spec 1648
PPG # 16534
74-82 silver 771248
color code 74SE1
eng spec 1612
PPG # 35363

The above information is available from any dealer from their parts and accessories guide.

billy4hp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks
Sherm

I was able to find reproduced decals for my 1978 Johnson 70 off Ebay...

CaneCutter79

Chief Petty Officer

I'm having a hard time finding the paint now that I have the specs. The local marine dealer says he can't get it, auto parts stores that sell auto paint can't get the codes to mix the paint even with the PPG numbers, and they all point fingers at each other.

I would really like to use the factory PPG colors but I'm having a hard time finding someone who will sell me the paint!:(

Any ideas? The marine dealer should be able to get it through Evinrude right?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

An Evinrude dealer should be able to get you the colors you need in a spray can. Not the best for doing a whole engine, but it should be the correct color. Call them up and ask if those six digit part numbers from my earlier post are still available.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

The two aerosol parts that you listed are both available through local BRP authorized dealers. They are also available from ishopmarine.com, marineengine.com or boats.net.