johnson deluxe 4hp help

tim29

Recruit
Im wondering if anyone can help me. I have a 4hp 2 stroke johnson deluxe that is getting really hard to start and not sure what to do. it seems to be getting a good amount of fuel, but i think its a spark problem. Some have told me the points need checked but im not sure how to do that. Any help would be great! Im pretty sure the motor is a 1995 if that helps.

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: johnson deluxe 4hp help

Im wondering if anyone can help me. I have a 4hp 2 stroke johnson deluxe that is getting really hard to start and not sure what to do. it seems to be getting a good amount of fuel, but i think its a spark problem. Some have told me the points need checked but im not sure how to do that. Any help would be great! Im pretty sure the motor is a 1995 if that helps.

No points in a 95, when was the last time the carb was cleaned and serviced, with electrical problems it's very rarely progressive, they work or they don't (spark wise), carbs being clean once upon a time getting dirty over time is more of a progressive symptom of "getting hard to start".

tim29

Recruit
Re: johnson deluxe 4hp help

thanks, im not sure when it was cleaned last, i just got it this season. im new to boating and this is the first problem ive had except for a recoil spring. the guy i bought it from said it was all redone last year, but you know how that goes!