Evinrude 200XP cooling hose routing

indakeys

Recruit
I recently bought a 1988 200XP. After replacing the water pump, I noticed that one of the tell lines on the water return is broken off, and I cannot figure out where it should be attached. I have attached a photo. It is the line with the white arrow pointing to it. It is on the starboard side, coming off the tee just before the pee hole. It is looped upward in the photo.

Looks like it should run under the carbs, but I can't find any connection. If anyone can look at the pic and help me out, it would really save me some time.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• cooling hose with arrow (600 x 449).jpg
    cooling hose with arrow (600 x 449).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 0

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 200XP cooling hose routing

That is not original equipment; it was probably added for a water pressure gauge as the location is close to correct for that use.

quicdsm

Recruit

I just purchased a 90 200 xp last wek and it seems to have been touched very little. It also has a tee fitting where yours does and a large diameter hose connecting to it. The hose is about 8 inches long and has a ball/check valve in the end. It connects to nothing. I agree with the above post, i believ it is to test water system somehow. I had also wondered if it could be used to reverse flush the cooling system. Just a thought. Im sure however that mine does not connect to anything either.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

The part you descride Quicdsm is a cowling siphon drain to remove any water trapping in lower cowling, the barb fitting and clear hose is not OEM and kind of agree with Ezeke on water pressure guage but hose looks kinda large in picture...

indakeys

Recruit

Thanks for the help guys.

Assuming you were right, I blocked off the hose at the tee and I have good pressure and holding at 155 degrees. So, all is well!

Thanks, again!!