63 starflite 75 sucess!

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
well got the points yesterday and put in the motor and presto ,a very healthy a spark on all 4 cylinders!thanks to all that posted helpfull comments earlier in the month!hurry up spring.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 63 starflite 75 sucess!

update.couldnt wait for spring to see if the beasty would fire so went and got a large tote box and filled it up with water ,checked everything over ,primed her ,turned the key and she roared to life and setteled down to a nice idle.great!!!!!!!!!!!!pumps water good and the elect shift works good in all positions.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

update.couldnt wait for spring to see if the beasty would fire so went and got a large tote box and filled it up with water ,checked everything over ,primed her ,turned the key and she roared to life and setteled down to a nice idle.great!!!!!!!!!!!!pumps water good and the elect shift works good in all positions.

It's a long time till spring. Better get another project going while waiting. You can't just sit around that stove all winter.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's a long time till spring. Better get another project going while waiting. You can't just sit around that stove all winter.
you just had to remind me of the lenght of time till spring ehhh,lol.got a little 59 johnson i think i will tackle this winter when im not sledding.its a small white twin cylinder 3or 4 horse?

bktheking

Vice Admiral

Sweet deal, success is a great feeling!

jonesg

Admiral

First thing I did when I got a 59 10hp seahoss was replace everything under the flywheel to the plugs. The parts are cheap and they'll run like a clock.
The coils were hilarious, they fell apart in my hands.!
.. changing ign parts after 50yrs is not preventative maintainance.:p

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

First thing I did when I got a 59 10hp seahoss was replace everything under the flywheel to the plugs. The parts are cheap and they'll run like a clock.
The coils were hilarious, they fell apart in my hands.!
.. changing ign parts after 50yrs is not preventative maintainance.:p
for the smaller motors what you did was right on!mine is a totally differnt animal as it has distributor battery ignition with a large auto style coil and the parts are anything but cheap now,lol.

jonesg

Admiral

for the smaller motors what you did was right on!mine is a totally differnt animal as it has distributor battery ignition with a large auto style coil and the parts are anything but cheap now,lol.

Oh well, in that case it'll probably be seized up come springtime.:D

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh well, in that case it'll probably be seized up come springtime.:D
sorry ,you were proably talking about the 59 i got not the 75 starflite!i unsiezed the little bugger last fall and then forgot about it.good point about checking the coils though,ive worked on several motors last year and every one of them had shot coils!will give me something to do when im not sledding!