can you run 1993 90hp evinrude without the thrust pin?

okditch

Cadet
:confused::confused:Can you remove the thrust pin on motor bracket in order to achieve more negative trim,or does it need to be there?I need to get my bow down a little more.Does any one know?thanks:cool:

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: can you run 1993 90hp evinrude without the thrust pin?

what position is the pin in ?it can be removed as far as i understand.ive always thought of it as a tilt pin ,if you have tnt remove it if need be .i know on my boat with basically the same motor its very sensitive to trim because its so light.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Personally I would use some tapered shims to do that. Why do you need to do this in the first place ??? could be a set up issue that can be resolved with a little more Q & A

okditch

Cadet

Personally I would use some tapered shims to do that. Why do you need to do this in the first place ??? could be a set up issue that can be resolved with a little more Q & A

I would like do this because its way more motor than the boat needs . its back heavy with a bit of porpoising and bow rise.I almost have it under control in the holes closest to boat, but I feel a little more would be better.
the boat also has inset motor well check out the pic230.JPG

234.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

What are you running it on ???
Taper shims should do the trick.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just checked the photos, wow that looks like a whole lot of motor for that
boat !!