2002 200 hp ficht

jmaggs

Recruit
I have a no oil buzzer comeing on all the time. Dealer ship says i have air in the sensor causing it. The line has been bled several times, but i am still getting air. All lines have been replaced, new presure regulator,new pick up unit ,and new in line filter. can not figure out what is going on? anybody ever delt with anything like this, or have any advice? About 1200.00$ in this I will take all the help i can get.

woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2002 200 hp ficht

see if the guys at the shop will have a knowen good system check gauge you can use you don't need to install the gauge in the dash just plug it into the wire harness.and go run the boat.you need to eliminate that gauge.after this you still get a horn it could be the main harness it self.OR a screw has wore it's way though the harness sending the no oil wire in the harness to ground.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

It sounds like you may have a tear in the diaphram in the oil lift pump. If it does ok after bleeding then acts up the next time out ,I would check it first.

weldable

Recruit

i currently run a 2002 225 ho and had similar problems. my motor ran 15 min or so and then the alarm would sound. don`t be fooled by this the low pressure pump will carry the engine for a while the only thing that straightened my problem out was to change the high pressure or (electric )pump after finding oil residue in the wiring plug that comes from the pump this straiaghtened my problem out for the last 50hrs run time.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Remove the wiring connector from the oil injector pressure sensor. If there is any oily residue, the sensor is leaking internally and the oil is migrating down the wires to the connector pins and causing intermittent shorts. Replace the sensor if that is the case.

Also test the oil pressure regulator and test the oil pressure reading while running the motor at all speeds. The service manual is very detailed about this.