1961 evinrude outboard v-4

cardsweety

Recruit
can anyone tell me how much this motor is worth so i can make a decision on whether or not to sell it seperate from the boat and trailor it is on

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1961 evinrude outboard v-4

Price could vary widely depending on condition,location, who is interested.
You might watch ebay or craigs list for similar motors.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

can anyone tell me how much this motor is worth so i can make a decision on whether or not to sell it seperate from the boat and trailor it is on

If it can be demonstrated to run well: $200-250
If it doesn't run, 50 bucks or part it out.

oldrudedude

Chief Petty Officer

Where I live a boat/motor/trailer package of that vintage would be worth only about 30% more than the value of the trailer alone. The motor alone would be worth about 30% of the total package. The boat alone would be difficult to give away unless it is in very good condition. If the boat is in good condition and everything works well, sell it as a package. It will sell much faster and you won't be left with an unwanted goldfish pond in your back yard.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

What model and hp are we talking about? The first V4's...I think the fat 50's were real gas suckers, but great motors and not hard to run or maintain.

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

just got a complete 1963 starflite 75 (evinrude) with elect shift and elect tilt given to me as basically up here nobody wants to deal with old motors except silly old me.

jon705

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bought a running 68 for $250. I agree with the other comments that it's better to sell a complete package unless you want a fish pond in the yard. :) There are lots of free boats around here on craigslist that have been listed for most of the season with no takers.