Wiring diagram wrong? Please take a look at them and see what you think.

blk98gt

Seaman
Here is the original diagram. I highlighted the area of interest. I don't think the the field tab of the regulator should be grounded and I'm pretty sure the key ignition switch should have a ground.
originalwiringdiagram.jpg

Here is what I think it should look like. I'm just confused the diagram would be wrong and questioning my logic here.
editedwiringdiagram.jpg

blk98gt

Seaman
Re: Wiring diagram wrong? Please take a look at them and see what you think.

I can't believe they would have such a bad mistake in the diagram. Oh well, thank you. BTW, here is my corrected diagram if anyone needs it:

1961evinrude75.jpg

blk98gt

Seaman

Hey, F R, do you know where the tachometer lead goes to? Seems like it just gets grounded at the box. How does that work?

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Hey, F R, do you know where the tachometer lead goes to? Seems like it just gets grounded at the box. How does that work?

Well, lots of luck. It requires a special kind of tachometer designed to work on a magneto. They are no longer made and are getting to be as rare as chicken fangs. Modern motors all use an alternator-driven tach. Your DC generator just won't do that.

If you do find a magneto tach, it connects between the black wire leading to the magneto, and ground.

The other option is a Tiny Tach, which is an induction tach working off a spark plug wire. You be the judge on that option.