1996 four winns fling with a 90HP? Need help..

fourtwenty

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,

This boat came with a cottage we bought last fall. It had already been winterized so we didn't need to worry about it back then.

The bill of sale notes it as a 1995 but the serial number on the hull says it is a 96. It has a 90HP Turbojet but from what I read on this forum this wasn't available in 1996. However the parts guy I was talking to at the local Evinrude shop told me it was. Evinrude's own website doesn't list a 90HP Turbojet for that year.

Anyways, I need to winterize this thing ASAP because it's starting to get cold out. I thought I could find the engine manual at the cottage and do it all up there but all I have is the owners manual, which refers to the engine manual for winterizing procedure.

I brought the boat home from the cottage with me with the intention that I have it winterized by a shop. Most places won't touch it. I found one place that will but they are 2 weeks behind and store the boats outside, so if the temp drops below freezing, tough luck.

What I am wondering is if I had the flushing adapter, can I run the boat in my driveway to get the fuel stabilizer through the fuel system and then fog it? If so, how long does it need to run to make sure the stabilizer is through it all?

I need to order a new engine manual but i want to make sure I get the right one. Can anyone confirm if a 90HP was available in 1996.

Also, does anyone know where I can find the model # of the engine? Is there a nameplate somewhere that I'm no seeing?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

fourtwenty

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1996 four winns fling with a 90HP? Need help..

Bump for updated information.

SKEETR

Chief Petty Officer

The drivetrain must be from a '95 as they stopped making the 90hp turbojet in '96. So you must have a 90JEEOB. Even if it was a '94 motor (your only other option) the drive and engine are exactly the same. I believe the only available oem manual covers all four years of the turbojet's production.
The main concern you should have is draining the adaptor they are big $$$ and will crack if allowed to freeze full of water. There are three petcock valves underneath to accomplish this.
Depending on your gas tank setup I would say 5-10 min at idle should get the mix adequately thru the carbs.

fourtwenty

Seaman Apprentice

Does anyone know the flushing adapter part #? I bought one and want to make sure it is the right one since I won't be using it until next year.