200 Hp ETEC 2007 problem help

captaincoach

Recruit
Saturday, after running perfectly all day, I entered the intracoastal running about 4600 RPM's. I felt motor hesitate and RPM's slowed to about 4000 Rpm's, and I hadn't done anything with the throttle, kinda felt like I had something on prop or ran through something, anyway I slow to a stop, lifted up motor looked at prop, it was clean, cranked motor back up, took off, but instead of the normal explosion that my 200 always had, it just slowly got boat on plane and would only do 4400 Rpm's, tops.....so I just cruised in at about 4000 Rpm's...idled into harbor nicely, no sputtering, cut it off, started it back up, cranked right up???? any ideas????.......any help greatly appreciated,,

Last edited:

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 200 Hp ETEC 2007 problem help

Sounds like it could have dropped a cylinder, a timing light will show if one hole lost spark.

Warm it up and feel the cylinder heads, its also possible one is not firing due to fuel injector problem, that one will feel cooler.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

First, you need an OEM shop manual if you want to anything beyond trivial with your motor. Second, you need to get the diagnostic software and cable(and a laptop PC). The only way to differentiate between an injector electrical failure and a mechanical failure (which sometimes can be cleaned up by a user) is by using the software, which will show all faults the EMM can detect. I assume you have a 10 micron filter in the fuel supply (and the addon water seperator/filter under the hood). Without the sw and manual, you are at a huge disadvantage.

If you're interested in getting the sw, send me a PM with your "real" email.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I believe that you rmotor has a three year warranty and since it is a 2007 model, you should still be covered. An ETEC is not a motor for the average "backyard mechanic" to fool with, so I suggest that you take advantage of the warranty and have a dealer look at it.

???

captaincoach

Recruit

thanks everyone....going to take it to the ETEC man tomorrow since it is still under warranty.........................hope it's fixable.......CC