90hp Johnson Oceanrunner Deal?

drewpster

Commander
I found a 1996 Johnson 90 HP Oceanrunner, looks new but is used. A guaranteed runner with 30 day warrantee from a dealer. The price is $3250. It comes with the controls, harnesses, and a prop sized accordingly. The dealer will rebuild the carbs and install a new impeller and will let me see it run. The problem is, it is 600+ miles away. I am willing to make the trip to pick it up if I am getting a deal here. I am planning to use it on my tri-hull project. I want a salt water engine because we are planning to use the boat on trips to the coast. Is this worth looking at?

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: 90hp Johnson Oceanrunner Deal?

i had been looking for a motor like that and actually bought two...and it seemed the clean well kept guaranteed motors were about that price.

I eventually bought a 95 johnson ocean runner 115 for $2500...and the cover looks well used. Bob

peace of mind is worth something....

I wouldnt pay that price from a private seller!!

bob

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Great motor for your tri-hull. That price does seem high though. I'd either want to pay $2500 or less or have a much longer warranty.

drewpster

Commander

I have time, I think I will ponder this one a little while. I am itching for a road trip though. I just realized the controls with the engine are top mount. I need side mount. I may be able to knock some off for that. We'll see.
I am going to do some investigating locally before I make the deal. Thanks for the input.
drewp