94 25HP Johnson-No fire (Fuse?)

J25EREC---- will not start, motor turns, pulled the plugs but it doesn't seem they are firing. Checked all wiring for connections or breaks, all seems fine. I saw a few postings about a fuse but I have not seen a fuse inside the cover.
1) Is there a fuse, if so where?
2) What else would keep engine from firing- Hate to by a new power pack and find out it was something simple and less expensive.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused::confused::confused:

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 94 25HP Johnson-No fire (Fuse?)

You need to do some basic checks, compression, spark, fuel delivery. Spark should jump 7/16 gap and be right blue. A factory manual would be a great help to trouble shoot problems and make repairs, well worth the money.

I have basic manual on the motor. But I can not find anything about a fuse. I have power to the stater, turns the motor fine but no spark. Also I notice there is no power to the kill switch. I have check all wiring and all connections look fine.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

If the motor turns over the fuse is probably OK. The kill switch does not have power to it, it justs completes a ground circut. Could you check your model number, it doesn't cross at the parts site that I use. I was trying to look up the proper electrical system for your motor.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

According to the parts breakdown for your engine, there are several ign componets that could be defective. Does your manual have a trouble shooting section that tells you how to check out, sensor, charge coil, power pack and coils? If not you might want to locate a factory manual and use that to trouble shoot your engine. It is really easy to repair your engine, once you have properly diagnosed the problem. Finding the problem is the hard part.