Need Help Evinrude SpeediFour

whiteghost06

Cadet
Just got a 16ft crosby boat from my brother in law and it came with a Evinrude Speedifour and it has been seating sens 95 so what would i need to start it allso what spark plugs does it take becuse it just had some car ones in it . Allso were could i get a service manual for it all the ones im finding dont mach with the model and serial number that i got, So if enyone could give me more info on this motor that would be great heres the model and serial numbers thank you for your help also is this just a freshwater motor or can i use it insal water thanx

mode-75352 c
serial-E01050

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need Help Evinrude SpeediFour

Model #75352C is a 1963 75hp Evinrude. Ck compression, remove s/plugs and check spark (should jump a 1/4" gap with a strong blue spark). Be a good idea to clean carburetor.

Use Champion J4C or J6C spark plugs, gapped at .030 .

This engine is designed for salt water usage.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

thanx for the quick response guys im gona check it tomorow for spark allso were could i pick those plugs up from thank you

Any decent auto parts store should have the J6C plugs. The J4C seem to be hard or impossible to find. Too bad, because that is what it is really supposed to have.

EDIT: Actually, it is really supposed to have J4J, but they are obsolete. They were true two-cycle plugs. A lengthy subject.

whiteghost06

Cadet

would eny of you guys have the elctrical diagrams for this motor im not geting eny spark or if you know were i could get a service manual for it thank you

F_R

Supreme Mariner

You have a PM

whiteghost06

Cadet

thank you for the link ive been looking around the sites that have the manuals but they all have like 3 or 4 diffrent ones for 1963 how do i know wich one i need sorry for all the question im new to all this outbord motor stuf i usealy stick to cars