tilt buttons on throttle handle 135hp v-4

pcrussell50

Petty Officer 1st Class
135hp crossflow v-4, 135583e, 1975

so, the other day, the wife and i were fighting a little, she's 6mo. pregnant and she thought i was driving too fast in our little hotrod, light 16 footer with the 135hp motor. so i said, "fine, you drive", and i pulled her back to idle and got out of the driver's seat without tilting the motor back down to launching angle. so she starts driving and the bow comes up and we're plowing along like that and now she's still pissed and calling "my" boat a POS because it's riding like that. so i reach around from the rear facing back bench seat and grab at the tilt buttons to help her out and break off the switch module that is part of the plastic cover on the top of the throttle handle. it still works, and i zip-tied it back on to make it easier to use for now, but i'd like a new one if possible.

sooo, i go to shop.evinrude.com and look at the diagram:

it would be part number 30, only MINE has the tilt buttons and that one doesn't. i wonder if mine is some kind of aftermarket tilt button setup that was made to fit the omc handles. my tilt unit is in fact, one of these cmc marine units.. they sell the buttons in their accessories section, but not the part that fits my omc throttle. in my case, i don't need new buttons, because the ones i have still work.

-peter

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: tilt buttons on throttle handle 135hp v-4

The switch is part number 389497. You will probably find one at sea-way.com.

The part will list on the diagrams for later models, like the 1978 140840C.